played with the x10 yesterday

Started Sep 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,496
Re: played with the x10 yesterday

frdvdv wrote:

lacro wrote:

THANKS, frdvdv! That was the feedback I was looking.

I had the same impression on the sensor size, but couldn't find better criteria for making a choice between all those cams. (I've considered the new S100, instead of the EX-1? Casio/Samsung). Until, the X-10, I thought the LX5 would be better for my overall needs. I want a serious and versatile pocketable camera, the best for that value range. Though appealing, the much more expensive m43s already have hard-2-carry lenses... In that case, I'd go for a full DSLR...

Then again, I would love a wider 24 PanaLumix lens, but the faster 28 from the X-10 isn't bad. Comparing them with the DPR tool, it seems to me the X-10 fits better, but I might be missing some feature comparison.

-- hide signature --

Carlos Lacroze

Some features to consider:

Canon S95/S100 - truly pocketable

Panasonic LX5 - multi aspect sensor, wide shots with the 16:9 ratios setting show an approx 22mm equiv wide angle view
Samsung TL500/EX1 - tilting LCD screen, 24mm

Olympus XZ-1 - option for tilting EVF - ( I use that feature almost all the time), F2.5 at 112mm equiv.
Fuji X-10 - mechnical zoom

Some lesser features that made me get the XZ-1

Canon - slow in full tele

Panasonic - slow in full tele - limited zoom - and for some reason I never liked Panasonic compacts
Samsung - limited zoom

Some things that I think can be issues on the upcoming X-10

EXR sensor - I've yet to see a good set of pictures
OVF without any info, and no option for an EVF
no ND, and 1/1000th maximum shutter in full aperture

how about a different take on this. When the F10 was released it had IQ that surpassed everything else out there in its class and price bracket.

This is probably not true of the X10. It is quite pricey and is competing price wise with M4/3 cameras and APS-C mirrorless cameras. Even a Nikon D3100 could be had for a lot less than the UK launch price of the X10.

Its a compact sensor camera priced against large sensor competitors, I can't see why someone would buy it before those cameras.

-- hide signature --

Z5 V10 F11 F70 F200 S6500 S100 EX1 D40

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow