A77 First Impressions

Started Sep 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ianbrown Senior Member • Posts: 1,969
A77 First Impressions

I know there has been some negative views in terms of ISO etc, however I I got my A77 last Friday and only got chance yesterday to have a serious play with it.

I have been to Edinburgh and taken a few hundred shots so I will see what the IQ is like when I get them downloaded.

Having had a Canon 7D and 5Dmk2, this camera had a lot to live up to. In the main it ticks most of the boxes. Also remember it takes time to get the feel for the camera etc.

I love the EVF, yes you can "just" tell it's electronic but it's large bright and almost no tearing when panning.

I thnk it's very slightly slower to operate in general than say the Canon 7D, but that's not a real issue for me after all we are talking millii seconds.

The EVF takes about half a second to spring into life when you put the camera to your eye.
Because I use reading glasses I like reviewing the images through the EVF.

Overall I am more than pleased with the camera handling but the acid test will the IQ and ISO performance, however my expectations are realistic.

Unless you are expecting pro performance I think you will be more than happy. Real world usage is more than good and I am sure most enthusiasts will be very happy with it's performance, it's not the perfect camera but it's more than good enough for most!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow