played with the x10 yesterday

Started Sep 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
vincentnyc Senior Member • Posts: 2,585
x10 Focus Speed? Rapid or P&S speed?

thank you for posting your thoughts about the x10 after your using it at the NJ photo expo.

i'm most interested in the focus speed as i enjoy street photography and pet photography (dog).

while i may not expect the focus speed of my nikon D700, i do expect and want a focusing speed that clearly and substantially exceeds that of a HIGH END point and shoot camera, such as my S95 Canon (or the upcoming S100 Canon but who knows the focus speed of that almost entirely new S100, right?).

may i kindly ask if you might be so kind as to elucidate further how fast and accurate the x10's focusing was?

furthermore, it is merely contrast based and not phase, so does it focus poorly in low light situations?

lastly, i'm also bummed out by how there is ZERO information in its so-called "excellent optical viewfinder". zilch! not even the focusing point location nor a "focus locked" light!

how did you feel about these items when you touched and used it?

thank you so much.

vincentnyc's gear list:vincentnyc's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow