Nikon V1 - I've decided to buy one (selling my GH2)

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 13,940
Re: Lie

Poweruser wrote:
[snip]

If you are looking for a reason to spend money on new toys because you want to play than be true about it. Otherwise there is no reason in owning an "in-between" camera between a DSLR and compact. Its just one more disposable digital thing in a household full of it.

Will it help you - or anyone - to improve photographically? I have my doubts...

Go to the m43 and ask around. You'll hear from many people who own a P&S compact, an m43, and a DSLR system. I'm one of them. I use m43 when I want something lighter than my DSLR (for traveling/hiking) but also want the focal length flexibility of an interchangeable lens camera.

I didn't buy m43 to improve my photographic skill. I bought it because it will give me the combination of features and convenience (ie: size/weight) that I wanted. That means I will have the right camera with me to capture certain photo opportunities.

Cameras are tools, nothing more, nothing less. Insisting that every tool bring you one step closer to being a better practitioner of an art or craft is idealistic thinking. I buy tools to suit the task and to make the job easier.

larsbc

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ZZ9
Leo
BJN
Leo
(unknown member)
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow