Embarssment: The dpreview "hands on" Nikon 1

Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Andrew Westlake Senior Member • Posts: 2,928
Re: Embarssment: The dpreview "hands on" Nikon 1

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

Oh.

I thought you were going to complain that DPReview's "hands-on" was patently cobbled together from Nikon text and image offerings without a hand ... on ... anything.

• All of the images illustrating the article are our own (I shot them at the UK product launch yesterday).

• All of the text accompanying the images is there to highlight what I considered to be interesting snippets about the system that aren't necessarily obvious from simply looking at the pictures, but only from actual hands-on with the cameras and lenses.

• The introduction contains several quotes from an exclusive interview we conducted with one of Nikon's most senior R+D engineers.

So no, it's not simply cobbled together from Nikon's press materials at all.

Well that's the impression I get from the 2 pages of the preview.

It's not a formal preview (and doesn't claim to be), but instead a first impressions article about the system as a whole. As such, it's in the 'Articles' section of the site, not in 'Previews'. We'll prepare a proper preview in due course.

-- hide signature --

Andy Westlake
dpreview.com

Andrew Westlake's gear list:Andrew Westlake's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus Stylus Verve S Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SM7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow