Who need Nikon F1 When there is NEX and Micro 4/3

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Joele Veteran Member • Posts: 4,633
Re: Losing a battle vs. losing the war

sacundim wrote:

Panasonic is doing really great on the size and lens quality departments,

True and finally so is Olympus (I think)

less so in sensor technology,

hey I can gladly live with the Olympus 12mp but I understand for marketing purposes and to satisfy others they need to move on..

and not very well at all in international marketing and distribution.

There you said a mouthfull, it is one reason I ended up with an ep3 rather than a g3, it seems in many countries around the world Panasonic is either expensive as hell, never available or both.. Really sad situation as the product in those cases is not the problem just the bahaviour of Panasonic in relation to distribution.

For example, I preordered my GH2 when it was announced in Sep. 2010; Amazon cancelled my preorder against my will, and I didn't get the camera until January. But even then, it was a couple of months until you could even order a GH2 battery in the USA.

I gave up on the g3 and went to the ep-3, I cancelled my Adorama order of the 25/1.4 and bought it direct from Japan, if their was an alternative for Olympus I would have bought it instead..

Panasonic could well lose to Nikon in the long term over stuff like this—although to be fair, Nikon do have their share of availability issues too.

Nikon at least here is FAR better than Panasonic in that regard, and I agree, despite u4/3 being better (IMHO) in so many ways, Nikon most likely will win out on marketing and distribution alone.. Name recognition in the camera sector will go a long way too..

-- hide signature --

Joel - Olympus E-P3, 9-18, 14-42 R II, 50/2, 150/2, Panasonic 14/2.5, 25/1.4 Voigtlander 75/2.5

My Gallery: http://www.eisner.id.au

Joele's gear list:Joele's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
BJN
(unknown member)
BJN
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow