Who need Nikon F1 When there is NEX and Micro 4/3

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
sensibill
sensibill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,402
Re: Funny how people forget the Samsung NX

I think you should to go back and re-read my 'assertion'. I never said the NX100 was better or even equal at high ISO to the G3 or GH2, just that it was close - and while that particular part of that particular sample may seem significant, the differences at 1600 are much less obvious, and I'd even go so far as to say that a bit more chroma noise does not always equate to more loss of detail.

It also bears noting that higher ISO is not the end-all gauge of IQ. While the 16MP m43 sensor turns out cleaner higher ISO and no doubt has better DR at those settings, I prefer the NX output up to ISO-400, both JPEG and RAW. Better transitions, highlights, color, DR, SnR. Chroma noise on the NX is very regular and fine, quite easy to clean up in PP. My ISO-3200 sample + close crop below demonstrates what you can do with five minutes of NR tweaking in LR. Of course, high ISO JPEG on NX is not good.

Even with the arguable bits removed, the NX has better native glass than NEX and better sensor performance than 12MP m43. That alone should earn it at least a modicum of acknowledgment when the topic of mirrorless cameras is brought up.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony a7 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
BJN
(unknown member)
BJN
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow