What to carry for a long vacation?

Started Sep 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
techmine
techmine Forum Member • Posts: 64
What to carry for a long vacation?

I'd have to admit that I have a weird collection of cameras.
Nikon D300s
Nikon D40
Nikon P&S P300
Canon SX10 IS superzoom
Olympus E-PL1 with the kit lens

For Nikons I use 50mm prime, 18-200mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 70-300 VC

I am going for a month long vacation and I will be roaming around crowded places like markets, malls etc. Plus I will be covering 2 traditional Indian marriages. I am not a professional so I will be taking pictures as my travel/vacation collection which I will be sharing with friends and family. Due to nature of the visit, I want to decide upon the best (minimal) gear to carry with me. "For me" none of the cameras are perfect except D300s which covers all MY needs.But then overhead of carrying all the lens. I would really welcome your inputs to pack the best gear for the trip.

MY Pros and Cons with rest of the cameras:

P300 - Great overall P&S but the aggresive noise reduction and sharpening leaves a lot to desire viz-a-viz the image quality.

D40 - No auto bracketing and inability to autofocus with 50mm prime. Nevertheless handy DSLR.
Canon SX10IS - Below average image quality but all in 1 zoom.

Olympus - Dead slow auto focus on kit lense, poor jpegs. Great filter effects and very handy camera.

Appreciate it!

techmine's gear list:techmine's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix P300 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D40 Nikon D300S +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow