Deciding 430exII or 320ex?
Hi - I already have a 580ex I but am thinking of getting a second flash mainly for slave, for indoor or outdoor portraits. I use a 5D mark 2 and ST-E2 as control.
It is difficult to decide which to get, as they are just $30 apart.
To me, the advantage of the 320ex would be:
1) size & weight. For light travel and holiday, bringing the 580ex is a curse. I will probably bring flash more often if it is the 320ex.
2) LED light. Might be handy...perhaps as a torch or video?? Though I don't do video much.
Advantage of the 430exII are:
1) More power. But do I need it as a secondary flash??
2) Manual control
3) More coverage (24-105mm) vs 24/50mm in the 320ex.
4) AF assist light better
I would say, if I don't already have the 580ex, the 430exII is definitely more appealing to me. But for my use as a secondary, I wonder if the 320ex is "complement" me more.
Have anyone gone through the same decision process?
(I've posted this on the light/studio forum but I didn't get much response)
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4