D7000 with Nikkor 55-200mmVR first shots CC Please

Started Sep 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Iceman1973 Regular Member • Posts: 212
D7000 with Nikkor 55-200mmVR first shots CC Please

Hi All,

Now I'm probably going to get cursed for the shots you see, as I'm not use to shooting buildings, architecture.... so I don't know what to look for as composition.

As the D7k is my first mid/pro level DSLR, I'm taking my time understand how the settings work, how I can get the right exposure, where my mistakes are. As always I hate PP, but these pics were extremely overblown (see the white flower) to mu shock, so LR had to rescue.

Before taking these shots I'd been with a client who wanted me to photograph over 300 of the products he sells. I set everything up very basic, Kaiser dome 62x62 tent, 2 lights on either side...etc. so 300 + shots from 9-1pm. Shots were ok, but the main benefit of the exercise was learn more about the camera settings. (Especially how the auto iso with min shutter speed works - sort of understanding the concept now)

C&C please - guidance always appreciated. You can curse the composition, my ability to take pictures.... just fire across the comments, I want to be improve greatly on my outdoor and landscape photography.

Thank you for looking.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow