24MP Nikon DX : D7001

Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
jonikon Veteran Member • Posts: 5,945
Re: These look very good, sensor will be very good

the

sandy b wrote:

https://club-sonus.sony.de/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=66378#66378

I have to disagree with you in regards to these sample color palette images. Because of the nature of the images, it is impossible to accurately judge the detail retention using these color check patches but I see a few things.

• The color noise reduction appears to do good job reducing noise, but apparently at the expense of detail. Sure you can smooth out flat patches with noise reduction, but can the detail be retained at the same time?

• As ISO goes up the color saturation goes down, which give the illusion there is less color noise. Crank the color saturation up to where it should be an it won't look so good.

• This was obviously shot in excellent light. What about less than ideal light and what about shadow noise? No answers in these images.

Lot's of questions regarding this new Sony sensor and no definitive answers yet. I guess we will have to wait for a final production camera images to get the final word on the image quality. I for one won't be holding my breath though as I have a feel for where this is going.

Best regards,
Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hea
BJN
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow