24MP Nikon DX : D7001

Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Riker D
Riker D Contributing Member • Posts: 802
Re: 24MP Nikon DX : D7001

So did I. After my Sony a700 was distroyed on a trip of a life time last July I had no other choice but to go with a a550 (money). While the live view was great the camera had problems and very light on the amount of control it gave you

So finally I took the dive(March of this year) and sold all my Sony equip. (10 lens system) and bought a D7000. Verdict; glad I did. I saw that Sony was going SLT and that wasn't for me at this stage of the game. Ive been into photography 52 years and started out in 1959 with a Argus C20. By 1966 I bought my first Nikon (black Nikkormat ft) and now am back. Also got a college degree in photography for what its worth.

Thom Hogan stated that Sony would thro anything against the wall to see if it sticks . He stated that there may only be about 5 Sony lenses that would resolve 24MP. So I really question the need to have this high a pixel count in an APS-c camera. I get outstanding high ISO pics from my D7000 and am extreamly happy with it.

-- hide signature --

Photo eye

Riker D's gear list:Riker D's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony Alpha a7R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hea
BJN
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow