I was at your very same point last summer. I looked at an Epson EP-5000 for a backup, but it seemed to me like Epson staff is a bit -humm- crazy about the price, so I bought an Acer netbook w/ 1GB RAM / 160GB HD / 6 cell-battery, all for 250 EUR (but prices have dropped a lot since then).
I then upgraded the memory to 2GB, and replaced the HD by a 500GB a had at home.
Then I installed Ubuntu linux on it.
It was deep slow to run BibblePro or RawTherappe on it, so I took all the pics in RAW+JPEG, and that was it.
As noted on previous posts, pack a mouse
E-500 & E-30;
ZD14-45; ZD40-150 f/3.5-4.5; ZD14-54
Boots & Jacket plus lots of Coke & Powerbars
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!