Nikon d100 pixel remap failed

Started Aug 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JanisG New Member • Posts: 9
Nikon d100 pixel remap failed

Hello everyone,

I have thought I'd share this with you, on the one hand as a warning, on the other hand - as a request for help.

I have tried to perform a dead/stuck pixel remapping procedure on my old d100 using the Q50 image adjustment program (I've seen several threads on the matter here). To make a long story short - it failed, although I have followed all the instructions (ac adapter, no light to camera, etc. etc.). Now the camera produces totally weird images and I would appreciate any comments or suggestions that might help to cure the problem. Needless to say, I have performed all possible reset procedures, have reinstalled the firmware and so on. the only thing I have not yet attempted is the removal of internal clock battery (this procedure would work on some older pc's with bios problems, maybe its the same with cameras?).

I think it would be unfeasible to address Nikon as the costs would most likely exceed the value of the camera and I am no longer actively using it. Not to mention the unauthorised use of the software

below are the links to several pictures and a link to my thread on the matter on photo.net (I hope it is not against the rules of this forum)
Thanks in advance for your input.
link to photo.net thread: http://photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00ZB9I

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow