Started Aug 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
panamforeman
panamforeman Senior Member • Posts: 1,005
My two cents on religion

panamforeman wrote:

So you're suggesting, no saying, that for 2000 years all the Christians who died for their beliefs, died for a fairy tale?

Why not? You're saying that about everyone else that ever died for any other religion.

I'd like to answer this rediculous accusation:

As usual the atheist turns anything you say back on you in the form of "je t"accuse!" Their usual tactic. But I never said, nor even implied that anyone else who died for their religious beliefs was believing in fairy tales or that it was in vain. I respect any man who dies for his religious beliefs rather than recant, buddahist, Hindu etc. I leave God to sort that out.

However I could possibly make an exception for an Islamic terrorist who wants to die, but not for his beliefs, but to kill as many Jews as he can. That's not a "fairy tale" but a deadly delusion. Even you would agree. Those people are "beneath contempt", a charge leveled at me on the previous thread.

I wonder, has an atheist ever die for his religion? For his non-belief? If he has, that wouldn't be a fairy tale, it would be something much worse for him. It would be illogical.

panamforeman's gear list:panamforeman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
(unknown member)
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
igb
(unknown member)
igb
(unknown member)
igb
igb
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow