Shooting wedding with primes only

Started Aug 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
SBS
SBS Senior Member • Posts: 2,511
Re: Shooting wedding with primes only

260684 wrote:

Well I've done many weddings using a 24mm, 50mm, 85mm and 135mm primes. (2 bodies) And I can tell you it was not a problem. You can use a zoom or a prime, you should concern yourself with the end product, not the tools.

Also this "I would have missed alot of shots" is rubbish. I concern myself with the shots I get, not the ones I miss. Most photographers seem to think clients want 2000 images at a wedding...I'd disgree with this logic.

I concur with this opinion. I use two bodies and several primes. I carry everything in a camera bag, and the primes I use are small enough that I can keep a couple in my coat pocket if needed. I radio trigger my flashes, and use them either on a stand, or hand hold one (which gives me a quicker ability to bounce in any direction) so I can easily use either camera. With today's high resolution cameras, cropping for a tighter shot afterward is no problem. I like the results I get from primes. For the system I use (Pentax) they give me the best quality results, which is what I am after. I also like the lighter weight. My arm feels a lot better at the end of the day.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
SBS
BAK
SBS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow