Thinking of getting a NEX

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
gbert15
OP gbert15 Contributing Member • Posts: 580
Re: Thinking of getting a NEX

zygh wrote:

Was pondering the same thoughts about getting my first NEX and finally hit the buy button when the NEX3 body only went under the 200EUR mark in Germany with a 2 battery and 4GB SD kit. You can still find it on ebay/de if interested, at buy-it-now prices.

My reasoning was related to the availability of firmware 4 that automatically makes any NEX into a different camera for manual lens users. Indeed, the system is lacking in lenses but that is not an issue if planning to mount lenses via adapters. The main advantage to its competitors, in this regard, being the bigger and superior sensor; and Sony can only improve, the 16MP is already a stop better both in DR and high ISO noise, we can only imagine what the 24 will be like, not even mentioning the boost in maximum possible resolution that can be had with good glass.

To conclude, my 2 cents would be to weigh your projected usability needs good, set a price for them and the choice becomes somewhat easy.
Cheers all!

Hmmmm...what features did the firmware update give to manual lens users?

gbert15's gear list:gbert15's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow