Is the E-5 worth the money?

Started Jul 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
myess Forum Member • Posts: 61
Is the E-5 worth the money?

Over the past 5 yrs I have trolled this forum. I have found the insight and information you all provide invaluable but never felt compelled to contribute or tap into your expertise until now.

Recently I upgraded from my tried and true E-300 to an E-30 (found on craigslist for $600 with under 1000 shutter count). The E-30 has proven to be a phenomenal camera compared to the E-300 (although at times the colors are a little off and sharpness is a degree less for some shots).

Yesterday an opportunity arose to purchase an E-5 ($1300) from a friend along with a 14-54 mkII ($300) (I currently have a 14-54mkI, 50-200, 50mm, 11-22). From what I have read about the E-5 it is a great camera but is it worth the extra cash (which I can afford) to upgrade? Who out there has made the jump from E-30 to E-5 and is it worth it?

A little perspective about me: I am not a professional but love photography for shooting family, vacations, etc. I do not spend any time in PP nor desire to.

Your insights and expertise are appreciated.

myess's gear list:myess's gear list
Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow