Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP (unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,789
Jörn

Thank you for the nice comment on my signature. It is a reflection for what I feel reading this forums - many people around here are experts in gear, many other claim to be experts with loud fighting about it. And in the mean time very few of these ever post any shots besides their gear test shots.

Photography does take gear expertise, but the weakest link in the camera-photographer and technical knowledge-shooting skills bundles is what really matters and I believe that given current gear state and technical knowledge what people should really work on is their own photographic abilities.

For what I do even the cheapest and most simple DSLR can bring joy and be used with some good results. As a support for my words - here are just several travel shots from an old K-x and a cheap super zoom. The only limiting factor for good photography was I and not the cam:

I really like your camera park!

I agree that the K-5 although not so large feels very well in hand and is so hardware intuitive, you don't have to even look at it or move it from your eye to control to whole process.

Cheers!
--
Kind Regards,
Yanko Kitanov

I am dreaming to enhance the sensitivity of my own perception and not the sensitivity of my camera's sensor...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow