Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
zxaar Veteran Member • Posts: 4,059
Re: Is this argument STILL raging?

CriticalI wrote:

zxaar wrote:

They wouldn't be handful of users if pentax offered them cameras they wanted. Take for example FF cameras, most of the pentax users those need FF have bought canon/nikon, so you can say that canon has more users.

The reason pentax has handful of users is that they did not offer cameras to its users in timely manner or did not offer at all. (example FF or APC sized mirrorless etc). In film days pentax was huge, in digital days canon is huge and pentax is not. Why?? Thats because canon offered cameras on proper time and gave its users options. (okey mirrorless is still not there, but thats the only blemish).

If pentax has to offer FF , they are few years too late.

In the end, i really think it is upto the will of camera maker than their resources to provide FF camera. If pentax top management wanted to offer FF, they could have done it. It is plain and simple. Someone at their top is not wise enough to take decisions at proper time.

May be with Ricoh this might change or may be it is already too late due to the unwise man at top (excuse the pun) before him.

Selling a lot of cameras at a loss would make you bankrupt very quickly. You want a BMW, buy one, dont demand that Ford make you one at a lower price.

Can you quote the part of message where I said pentax should provide me camera at their loss or lower price than it deserves.

Read again, i said pentax was a big company in film days , if they offered cameras at proper time as canon did, then there is no reason for them to be a small player like they are now. Pentax did not provide cameras that its users wanted and still not doing it thus they have smaller user base now.

-- hide signature --

::> I make spelling mistakes. May Dog forgive me for this.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow