Thinking of getting a NEX

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
gbert15
OP gbert15 Contributing Member • Posts: 580
Re: Thinking of getting a NEX

Thanks for clearing up that heating issue thing as im not going to be using the cam for movies, it makes me feel at ease!

Thanks alot gfrensen for that in depth answer man! So much help!

I went to best buy yesterday and tried to get a feel of both cams and it does seem that the nex 5 is the one for me! Its just light and I get a better grip with it esp. if I were to use a bigger lens!

I also get what you mean about the waiting game man! It seems to be the one getting to me right now! Anticipating if there really will be a successor to the nex 5 and hoping im not going to waste my money on the nex 5 then the successor will just come out in a few and be sooo much better! It sucks that they release things so fast at times! Hehe!

Hmmmm about the pancake lens with fisheye, any samples of that cuz I was hoping I was going to use the money saved up, around $150, to buy some accessories or use that as a starting point to save up for a prime lens and adapter! But then again I would would have to use manual focus!

Any suggestions on accessories to buy other than the battery and where is the best place to get them? Also, what spare battery did you guys get? Kinda scared of the quality of some third party ones but I do want to get the best bang for the buck!

Once again, your replies are very much appreciated!

gbert15's gear list:gbert15's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow