Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Meuh
Meuh Veteran Member • Posts: 3,078
Re: Well-written Yanko, but I don't agree ;) (PK-EOS adapter...)

just make a FF version of the k5...

the 5d mark II is a big lump of crappy plastic with crap auto focus, low fps count and much less features than the k5.

k5 has image stabilisation, auto horizon adjust, sensor shift (composition adjustment), interval shooting, decent auto focus, ability to trigger off camera flash with onboard flash, better built body, weather resistant (would need some new ff lens with that).

There is no difference to a FF body than a Crop apart from the sensor, and a well priced k5 spec FF body would be one of the best FF slr's about.

Nikon's d700 would still win on auto focus and its flash system but thats about it.. (i find my k5 more advanced than the d3 I had).

They only think they would have to do is support manual video controls, why?? Thats one of the reasons the 5d mark II is so popular.. A full HD video camera that could record in the worse weather would be a bonus. The video is almost free anyway since it comes from live view.

A small FF camera with LTD lens is something the other's don't have, one that with the right lens would WR is also something the other's dont have.

Sure you can grab a d3 and there massive pro lens but its massive and expensive.

As for len's, there's lots of old ones about that would work nice.. plus they already have lots of wonderful lens designs.. It shouldn't be hard to update some of these with new coatings and WR?

The longer the leave the FF the harder it will be to catch up, a new version of the 5d will probably borrow parts from the 7d, a new d700 will be hard to beat.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31735225@N02/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow