Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Yamin Tedja Contributing Member • Posts: 542
Re: Well-written Yanko, but I don't agree ;) (PK-EOS adapter...)

temama wrote:

Yamin Tedja wrote:

Yanko Kitanov wrote:

If there was a niche for an enthusiast/amateur FF DSLR all your points will be spot on and I would totally agree with you.

Still the current market tendencies do not support the presumption that there is such a market.

There is no niche for an enthusiast/amateur FF DSLR? well, the problem is only the price. Off course not right now, but if somebody can make FF under $1000, that will change the situation,

Of course, but under $1000 is a way too low price for a new FF DSLR! Perhaps $1500-$1800 range could be more suitable price for consumer FF body.

Yes a full featured FF dslr should priced around $1500-$1800 but if pentax can make something like Leica m9 which doesn't have autofocus system thus lowering the cost of production, $1000 is pretty much possible, depending on how much the sensor will cost.

but until that happen people who want FF but don't want to spend a lot of money will try to buy used canon 5d mark 1 or 5ds mark 1 and they can bought under $1000 nowadays and people buy them, go take a look on ebay.

Yes they buy, and I'm thinking of buying too! I mean, a used old Canon 5D. Until I find one for a very good price. Then I'm going to purchase a few of such an adapter too:

• AF Confirm M42 Lens to Canon Eos adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMF-AF-Confirm-M42-Lens-Canon-Eos-adapter-1DS-NEW-/310330521176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484123f658

• AF Adapter for Pentax K PK Lens to Canon EOS

http://cgi.ebay.com/AF-Adapter-Pentax-K-PK-Lens-Canon-EOS-Mount-550D-/110708751618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c6c17d02

• AF Confirm Tamron Adaptall II lens to Canon EOS

http://cgi.ebay.com/AF-Confirm-Tamron-Adaptall-II-lens-Canon-EOS-Adapter-/190485013998?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c59caa5ee

To use my M42, PK and Tamron adaptall lenses with true FF body.
I think this is quite nice way to take full potential from your (FF) lenses!

Too bad pentax K mount cannot be mounted on FF canon body without modifying the mirror box, something I learn the hard way

Cheers!
--
Kind Regards,
Yanko Kitanov

I am dreaming to enhance the sensitivity of my own perception and not the sensitivity of my camera's sensor...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow