Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP (unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,789
Re: Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

If I were working on Pentax I would develop a product that would popularize and advertise the brand.

I already stated that a FF Pentax will not have any straight forward positive effect on the profit of the company, it is role is to increase the profits from the higher margined and cheaper products by promoting the brand based on the quality of this product.

A 645D could very well do this, but the Pentax marketing is quite modest in these terms.

Every second Pro making a video course or on-line classes, popular blogger, tech talk show star is AWARDED free a 5D MkII just si that they can post, show, talk, promote this product. This is what makes people see the brand hear about it from their "gurus" and just get to know that it delivers excellent IQ. If 645D was used in such a way it would have contributed to stronger K-r and K-5 sales as an effect.

The role of a top product is not to make so much direct sales, but to make sales by raising the brand's image and popularity.

Cheers!
--
Kind Regards,
Yanko Kitanov

I am dreaming to enhance the sensitivity of my own perception and not the sensitivity of my camera's sensor...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow