Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
KentG Veteran Member • Posts: 4,466
Re: Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

He is not really saying that FF would sell big because in all likelyhood it would not. The people who inhabit DPR are not enough to sustain any FF system. Pentax could hardly offer decent pro FF support when they don't have enough of the parts to support the existing base of FF lenses that are currently out in the market. And lack the ability to start remanufacturing them again in quantity anyway. In my case after 40 years of film photography(Pentax, Canon, and Minolta) and 10 of digital (Pentax and Canon) I find there is little or no advantage for FF over APS-C. Admittedly I also tend to buy lenses that cover FF just in case but in reality the only reason is to take advantage of the sweet spot of the reduced image circle of APS-C on those lenses. Plus some of those FA lenses are overrated while others are as good as anything made now.
Kent Gittings

KentG's gear list:KentG's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc D-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro Pentax FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow