Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
PentaxNever Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

jamesm007 wrote:

PentaxNever wrote:

Also, it maybe can outperform them only in resolution, but what about: lenses, AF system, Flash system, and many other points?

You Joke?

People who buy the Pentax 645D can buy any dSLR they want; be it the best FF Canon or Nikon. Most 645D buyers are not Pentax fanboys they are PRO Photographers. This I judge by the backgrounds of the people who I have viewed pics from. They tend to own many camera systems from many manufacturers. However...

There is no dSLR on the earth that can take a pic outside in the light rain of a tropical forest looking up at a mountain with a breathtaking view (landscape shot) as well and as the Pentax 645D. This fact that is true is how the 645D earned many awards.

No camera can match the 645D IQ for the price. And especially be in a tough weather-resistant body.

Go to Imaging Resource compare meter, go to anyplace and look at the full size files next to Nikons or Canons best. It beats them hands down in color/hue/resolution.

Why color/hue? Because all sensors in Canons, Nikons, Sonys are compromise sensors. Again there is no free lunch. If you want video, high ISO, fast FPS you will have to give up some image quality. The 645D trades no image quality plain and simple. Why do you think it can not do high ISO, because its not a very good sensor? No, it keep image quality priority number one.

Want proof, go have a look at all FF cameras at their best then compare it to the 645D at its best.

Hi. I think You should read again my post. My English is not so good, but I think I made myself clear. I agreed with what you said here in my previous post, regarding image quality/resolution. And this is only thanks to a great KODAK sensor! But what about other thinks I mentioned: AF, Flash, lens lineup?! Sport/action shooting?! That is why I say it is not comparable! And it realy is not. 645 is simply MediumFormat camera and FF are still DSLRs. 645 go and compare it to other MF cameras. You cannot compare it to a great, huge, CaNikon DSLR systems!

On the other hand, Leica M9 with her FF Kodak sensor, is very comparable with 645d in the aspects you mentioned (color/hue) and many other also.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow