According to Kodak airplane travel destroys your digital camera

Started Jul 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
theswede
theswede Veteran Member • Posts: 4,009
Re: Then why did you? Lying is wrong...

samWebster123 wrote:

It's really amusing that you people have never heard of this issue before and resort to slinging mud and insults at those of us who point out it's an actual phenomena.

"Slinging mud"? "Insults"? Yes, it's a phenomena; I don't see anyone disputing that. What I see people disputing, including me, is that there is any research at all pointing to that it affects us to a noticeable degree.

Perhaps you'll believe nasa http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20070022613_2007020718.pdf

"In space". Yeah, that applies to airplanes. If you get insults, you deserve them until you can find something which actually supports your CLAIM, namely that sensors get dead pixels from being in AIRPLANES, and not from being IN SPACE. I haven't seen anyone doubting that occurs in space. The question is if it happens to any meaningful degree at the much, much lower altitudes and thicker atmosphere airplanes fly in.

Even if your unevidenced anecdote about Sony cameras is true, that works out to approximately one dead pixel per 500 years of flying with one camera, at a rough estimate. Still enough to cause significant losses to Sony, of course, but nothing to even begin worrying about for any private person. The chance of the camera being stolen from the luggage is much larger.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a7 Sony a5000 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Izu
Izu
Izu
Izu
(unknown member)
Izu
Izu
Izu
(unknown member)
Izu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow