First telephoto/L lens

Started Jul 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
jayboo Senior Member • Posts: 2,150
Re: First telephoto/L lens

Totally agree with R2 - always amazed by the quality of the shots posted taken with the 100-400L - if weight and size of the lens is OK for you then I think that would get my vote.

Having thought long and hard I went with the 70-300L - no complaints and I enjoy using it. If I am out just on a wildlife mission then I use my 400mm 5.6 which I love, although I usually have to find something to brace against if I am hand holding. The IS on the 70 300 is very good and its a great travel walkaround lens. On a recent trip to an Island called Skomer off the Welsh coast, trying to get some shots of Puffins, having carried several other lenses with me, it stayed on the camera all day, covering landscape, birds, butterfly and flower shots, I also had fun taking shots of Photographers hauling the Canon big guns around - (some Puffin shots in my 70-300 Gallery album if you want to look). Good luck with your choice.

-- hide signature --

Jayboo

jayboo's gear list:jayboo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Leica CL Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow