Quick Survey on D7000 Oil Spots Did you have them: Yes or No

Started Jun 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,585
Re: Quick Survey on D7000 Oil Spots Did you have them: Yes or No

Peter Pans wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Peter Pans wrote:

That list doesn't account for some in the second lot having multiple camera bodies.

No, just their stated experience in general.

For example, Swedish Hambern had four or five D700 bodies before he got one that focused OK. Just saying.

Every body he has had has been a negative experience for him....the current ones does terrible skin tones that can only be corrected with software..it's still a bad camera

If you look at Ray Soars Pbase site, you may disagree, but I find the portraits taken with his D300 are far superior than the more recent ones taken with the D7000 where skin-tones are concerned.

As Ray has pointed out many times...the skin tones he gets with the D7000 exactly match the skin tones of his subjects in reality. Many are just not used to the natural skin tones of his subject that results from there wonderful genetic heritage.

This is no slight on Ray because I think he's one of the better and more knowledgeable folk on here. I think he did a sterling job squeezing every little bit out of those two camera's, but was able to squeeze better skin tones out of the D300. This is no more than my opinion, but it's my honest opinion.

Ray's site has little to do with why Swedish Hambern thinks his current copy does terrible skin tones...I think a perfect body would still lead to a negative experience for him....So even rays examples wont move him to the other column

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Leo
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Leo
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Leo
MOD Mako2011
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow