Olympus E-PM1 leaked!

Started Jun 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Peter Nelson Veteran Member • Posts: 6,890
pocketpygmy: existing 17mm f/2.8 is good enough for me

I think I read in an eairlier reply that you wanted a faster aperture. That's not a bad idea but for now my Olympus 17mm f/2.8 is working very well. The f/2.8 is acceptable in low light and it means that the lens is not a heavy lens. The sharpness is better than many people would lead one to believe. So all in all I'm happy with it.

I would like a 24mm f/2.8 pancake and also a 35mm f/2.8 pancake to round out my kit. Fot now I'm using older Leica M and Screw Mount glass in the same ranges with adapters.
Perhaps some day I could use a 12mm f/2.8 lens as a forth lens in this kit.

I have the E-P1 and G1. For me I would like very much to have an Olympus PEN that can use the VF-2. Maybe soon I will get one.

I use the Leica M5 and older Russian copies of the Leica Screw Mount Barnack cameras. Also I have a usefull Epson R-D1 which uses the same lenses.

pocketpygmy wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

I think it would have made it a bit smaller, but I guess Olympus don't want people buying Panasopnic lenses to compensate?

that's why they've gotta have a new pancake coming too. like a new and improved 17mm with that 'MSC' designation of theirs that they like so much

that's what i'm hoping for anyway

-- hide signature --

Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mk7
FFS
FFS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow