Rented a 24mm f/1.4 G. Sensational!
This past weekend I rented a 24/1.4 G from Headshots (via Henrys in Canada) and all I can say is that this lens is sensational. Looking back through the 3000+ shots from the day, the images from the 24 have a certain "pop" that makes them really stand out, even when viewed quite small.
Not only is it sharp at wide apertures, the flare control is really something.
Here's a shot at f/2.5, ISO 800 with the D7000. Look at the complete lack of flare and ghosting from the lights.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!