Finally got my X100......I Love this Camera

Started Jun 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,484
Re: Finally got my X100......I Love this Camera

Very nice series PNK, thanks for sharing with us !!!

I am a long time SLR user since the AE1, FM/FM2 days and now shooting with D3, 1DS2, 1D2 5D2 and recently picked up a Panasonic GF2 as my "point and shoot" and also interested in the X100, sounds like we share lots of common interest as I am a big fan of Fuji film back then, also shooting 99% in Manual exposure mode on all my camera including my P&S GF2, I also have a D3 and big fan of the sunny 16 thing, I remember I had shot with my FM & FM2 for few years without a battery inside, you know what I mean.

What do you think about the AF on the X100? I ran into a X100 user last week when I was hiking in Yosemite, and while we are taking a rest at the Upper Yosemite Fall we started chatting about camera and he was nice enough to let me play with his new toy, and he told me he loves everything about the camera except for the AF system, it's pretty slow and sometimes not very reliable and he got lots of Out Of Focus shot, he is a Canon 1D4 user and mainly shoots sports so sounds like he does know how to focus, he demonstrate a few quick shot to prove his point which I think is valid concern, any thought on that one?

Also can you please talk a little more about the built-in ND? I have spent thousands of dollars on ND, GND filters because I love to capture water falls, rivers.....all kind of stuffs with them, I have all kind of different sizes, different value NDs from 58mm to 82mm, from 0.6-3.0, Soft edge, hard edge.....4X4 Hitech, 4X6 Lee system.......all kind of stuffs, how is this built in ND work on the X100?

Thanks.
Dan.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
ywl
PNK
PNK
PNK
PNK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow