GXR hit the ground a second time...

Started Apr 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP Gerd Waloszek Contributing Member • Posts: 796
Re: GXR hit the ground a second time -- Repair report

Hi all and sorry for the double post,

In April and in this thread, I had posted that my GXR together with the P10 fell to the ground for a second time -- this time with more severe scratches and damage to the small orange battery holder. Otherwise, the body and module still worked well. Therefore, I used the camera until after Easter and sent both the body and the P10 module to Pirmasens for repair/check in mid May. I sent both on a Monday and got the P10 back the next Friday -- not bad!

I had had some issues with the P10 with respect to hangs after switching the camera on. Particularly after Easter, I had lots of hangs… While the hangs could not be replicated in Pirmasens, the technicians found an error in a logic board in the P10 module located between lens and sensor and replaced it. I haven't used the P10 enough for drawing any conclusions yet, but up to now I did not experience any hangs…

For the body, two cover parts had to be exchanged, which were not in stock. So I had to wait until June 1st before the body was returned to me. Not too bad! And all this for a flat rate of 45 Euros -- no reason to complain, either.

My RICOH contact Mr. Wutzke offered me a loan body for the time that my GXR body was in repair. First, I hesitated, but as soon as it looked as if I would have to wait longer, I asked him to send me one. He did so, but in the meantime the cover parts had also arrived at Pirmasens, and the loan body and my own body arrived on the same day.

In the meantime, the loan body is on its way back to Mr. Wutzke who supported me all the time. Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Gerd

Gerd Waloszek's gear list:Gerd Waloszek's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Ricoh GR Leica X Vario Sony RX100 IV Panasonic ZS200 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow