Teacher won't allow my GH2

Started Jun 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
Velocity of Sound
Velocity of Sound Regular Member • Posts: 498
Yes, seriously right on

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

My 80 year mother refuses to use email but she's still just as good a mom as you'd ever want and can write beautiful letters with pen and paper. It's not a question of being stupid or smart - it just is what it is.

I'm glad to see your reply amidst the other replies that are insulting the teacher and crying about persecution. Mirrorless cameras are very close to DSLRs, but there are subtle differences. More importantly, if the teacher doesn't know the cameras well enough and/or the way that the course is taught really tailors specifically to DSLRs, it makes sense (for customer satisfaction) to turn the person away. Put it this way: your eye doctor would turn you away for a kidney problem, but that doesn't make him a bad doctor.

The reply seemed courteous and didn't seem to specifically say "that camera is not allowed" - just that it's different and the course doesn't cover it. There's nothing insulting about that.

Velocity of Sound's gear list:Velocity of Sound's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mk7
tko
MNE
MNE
MNE
tko
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow