I normally defend Ken Rockwell

Started Jun 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,188
Re: I normally defend Ken Rockwell

I don't do it on the cameras; but I do on the camera bag if it has a major brand name on it. No point in advertising to thieves what it is you're carrying. However, once the camera is out of the bag, anyone with half a brain can see it's not a cheap point and shoot I'm holding. My D90 looks like a Nikon, even with the name covered.

Usually, the most prominent logo is on the camera strap and the lens caps. I use straps with no logo and have blacked out the name on the lens cap at times.

I find Ken often gives some good advice; so I do read his articles and reviews. But then I filter the article through a mental filter made up of some theory, my own experience, and what he said last year which quite often differs from what he's saying this year. When you read his comments on the D3100, you find out what was wrong with the D40 and when the D90 came out we found out what was wrong with the D80.
--
Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon G7 X II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow