HDR - Which program?

Started May 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
Julian Vrieslander Senior Member • Posts: 1,065
Re: A question about Bracketeer

Robin Casady wrote:

I'm using Bracketeer v4.3.1. If you are using the same, I'm mot sure what is going on.

I'm using the v4.3.1 demo.

I see the ghosting problem you are having. I can't say I've noticed a ghosting problem with Bracketeer. I usually shoot with a tripod, even when not doing HDR.

Pangea Software claims: Bracketeer is a front-end GUI for Enfuse. Enfuse is a command-line opensource utility which uses multiple exposures of a scene (bracketed exposures) and merges them together to form a uniformly lit scene. It is similar to tonemapping with an HDR image except that no HDR image is ever created, and there is no ghosting.

You might want to email them and ask them why you are getting ghosts when they claim you should not.

I wonder if they are new to HDR terminology and confusing ghosts with halos . From what I understand about the Enfuse code, it is alleged to be free of the halos that are often produced by HDR tone mapping. Ghosts are produced when you layer sequenced exposures of scenes with moving objects. Some HDR apps use coding tricks to automatically remove ghosting, but I doubt that there is a general purpose algorithm that can be 100% successful.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow