Finally admitted defeat

Started May 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
gmosc Veteran Member • Posts: 5,950
Re: Is there no room for courtesy on dpreview?

Yeah, it's easy to attack a bumbling fool.

When I got a handicapped son I started to look at the world differently. I also start to see the sadness in how people with total control of their senses attack each other and how they attack weaker people. In this case the OP probably isn't the most up to date on tech, and the ones here who have it easy with modern tech don't see that it is possible someone gets lost within it all. It's sad. It's like they smelled blood. Someone weaker then them now deserves to be ridiculed.

They can then also say that he is a troll. Nice try. It's obvious he isn't, just confused. But once he is labeled a troll then the attackers get more courage to jump all over him. Shameful if you ask me. But you can't legislate courtesy or manners.

The saddest part for me is the 2 or 3 people I respect on this forum joined in on the free for all on the OP. Heck maybe they had a bad day and lost some photo gigs to some incompetent hacks and feel the need to take it out on this guy. Ok now they feel better.

Now that everyone feels better about putting this guy in his place we can all go on with helping each other for the ones who care to stick around.

Guy Moscoso

msjhaffey wrote:

I have a D700 that I am delighted with. So I am sad that the OP has struggled and failed to get results that satisfy him.

What saddens me a lot more is the rudeness that I have seen increasing across the dpreview boards. It seems it is not enough to disagree with someone but that ill-courtesy must follow with many posters. Many seem to justify it on the basis that "I have a right to my opinion". You do. But these boards would be more enjoyable and useful for all photographers if you kept intemperate language for your private thoughts.

May I suggest one book that would help all photographers, amateur and pro? It's Miss Manner's Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior by Judith Martin, available now from Amazon and all good bookshops.

-- hide signature --

Sean

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow