Finally admitted defeat

Started May 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,424
Re: In defense of the OP...

gmosc wrote:

I put myself in the family of photo nerds! What I meant by that is how I've met a couple of photographers, who get some good shots. They haven't gotten too much into the PP end besides basic color correction and basic tweaks. Their results were pretty good and quite passable. Heck the recent balloon up to the edge of space pictures that have been coming out were not pics that get their recognition by their PP but rather the fact that they were at the right place at the right time.

So as nerds we sometimes forget that there is a segment of the photo business that gets some OK results without being too tuned in to the PP side. Granted they would and could be better pics with more intensive PP, but some people (especially some who've been grandfathered in from film) don't get such a kick out of PP. Some of them would rather be out in the field looking for the shots then behind their computer screen. And keep in mind that all this computer stuff is not always easy for everybody.

Fair enough. I read it slightly differently ... I quite agree that these forums tend towards the enthusiasts and it is easy to forget that some people have no interest to advance beyond pointing and shooting. Which means of course that they are Bryan Peterson's best friend

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow