D2x

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
JulesJ Forum Pro • Posts: 45,403
Re: D2x

My wife has used this camera in the studio for about four years, and is still using it. She shoots portraits, families etc always at 200 iso and the camera has provided the company with a good income. It is a great camera. True occasionally it has autofocus tracking problems so this update would be of interest. When was it released?
Jules

Gearsau wrote:

Terry Geig wrote:

Good to be back in dpreview. Since I have been gone (around 3 years) I have upgraded from a D50 to a slightly used D2x. My first question is does anyone still use this model? I am an intermediate photographer and I am wanting and amassing tools to work on portraiture. I have a small studio setup in my house, as well as access to a real studio leased by friends who have let me use their space and some equipment. I have 1 SB900 and an umbrella and stand, 1 43" 5 way reflector, as well as various other bounce cards. I also have decent size windows that let in good natural light. I use Elements 7, Lightroom 3.2, and am buying Portrait professional 10 soon. Does this sound like a decent plan?

Thanks in advance
Terry

Terry,

I have a D2Xs. I also use a D3S and D3, but, dont discount the D2X. The D2X can be upgraded with a firmware adjustment to bring it up to almost D2Xs specifications. A friend of mine has a D2X and he was very impressed with the upgrade.

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14083/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzA2MjE4MDUyL3NpZC9JSjRpZkt1aw%3D%3D

Here are a couple of shots with the D2Xs and a Nikon 500mm F4.

I prefer the D3 series for higher ISO capabillities, faster frame rate and that 3" screen. Still though, we all must start somewhere.

All the best

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow