The latest on D7000 skin tones?

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 10,840
Re: The latest on D7000 skin tones?

I'm starting to shoot indoor/low light events, handheld, no flash/high ISO/people. Totally different than the rest of my photography which is indoor/low light/on a tripod/ISO 200/no flash/real estate/exposure blending. In other words, I have one chance per view now to get it right at events.

If a couch I photograph is just a little off in color in my images, who's gonna complain? Skin tones, well, either they're right or they're not. It would be nice if it wasn't a constant post processing thing from nefs to get skin tones right.

I have an Expodisc Neutral that I haven't used much (no need so far) but now I'm going to be setting a custom WB with it at events.

My question is not whether or not you think setting a custom WB with the Expodisc works as advertised but how often do I need to set a custom WB indoors? In a large room is once enough? How to judge when it's time for another custom WB?

My dream is that I can shoot in jpeg (horrors!) on Neutral and have my colors and skin tones come out correct. Yes, I'll shoot nef+jpeg but I'm trying to cut down the processing time.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow