What hope is there for the modern professional photographer...

Started May 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP bed bug Veteran Member • Posts: 3,079
Re: What hope is there for the modern professional photographer...

You really should not let them get away with it. I remember finding one of my images on the front page of the major local newspaper in Sydney (the SMH for the locals); I immediately rang them up and demanded a not-unreasonable price and they paid quite quickly. Often images will be placed onto databases without credit and these tend to be used more often because no payment can be attibuted.

Don't let them devalue your work.

Kind regards
Stephen

neroangelo wrote:

I am sick and tired of newspapers with huge circulation and profit and also music bands expecting to AND using my photos free off charge without my permission knowing it wouldn't be worth my time pursuing a claim against them. You give them a license for one off use and they keep using it. So sick of it that I have moved more towards doing video where they have to pay more and not as easy to be ripped off.

There should be an institution to ensure that photographers are protected but it seems "fair use" has overlooked photographers rights when it comes to the internet and media.

I know there was a rally in London over a similar thing a few months back.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow