Sigma's catch 22
The demand and interest for the SD1 when it was announced was astounding, Sigma knew that they had a winner in their hands....... The earthquake in Japan happened and I'm sure this affected the manufacturing of SD1 bodies - So Sigma had 2 choices:
1. Delay the product availability (even though it is already way past its FEB due date).
2. Introduce the product to coincide with its 50th anniversary yet increase the price to equal the supply/demand equation.
.......and Sigma chose the latter.
.......I wonder though if this camera would've been priced around 1600-2000 USD if the earthquake didn't happen.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4