Feedback on K-5 low light tungsten focussing issue in real life / portrait photos ?

Started May 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP alexh3o New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Feedback on K-5 low light tungsten focussing issue in real life / portrait photos

Hi johnbee,

Are you using screw-driven lenses, and around which exposure settings or EV values have you been shooting at ? Could you give the first figures or your serial number (like #402xxx) ?

I forgot to mention that interesting information from pentaxeros, found elsewhere

"...

I run a shop in Spain only in Pentax (Pentaxeros.com Store), And all who come and sell cameras are tested by me one by one and updated the firmware, etc.

And all units tested, including the last with serial number: 39XXXX, all under the same controlled light situation I have, and that play, act like all K-5.

Why many do not detect them is due to several points:

• Only with bright lenses, focusing screw. (Not everyone has limited or light lenses)

• It is only with certain shades of tungsten.

• It only happens in very low light situations, and the threshold at which the light does not turn for help. If you turn the focus assist light, the approach is necessary.

• Also in the diaphragm is closed from f/5.6, the depth of field absorbs the front focus, being negligible.

The situations in which there is very low.

As I said, do a study report to Pentax, with all the information, and direct labor Pentax Spain and Europe, who are working on it, and that the solution will come by a firmware update.
..."/

alexh3o's gear list:alexh3o's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow