Advice needed

Started May 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter2290 Regular Member • Posts: 111
Advice needed

Let me first say that I'm not a professional photographer in any way. I'm a college student who takes pictures purely as a hobby at this point.

That being said I have a friend who asked me to take some pictures of his a capella group's show last Friday because had seen some of the pictures that I put on my Facebook of other concerts that I took purely for myself. All he really wanted was pictures of the show to put on Facebook and since I was planning to go to the show anyway I said sure but not to expect anything spectacular because I don't really do anything professionally and don't have the gear for great concert photography and he said that's fine.

So I spent about 2 hours at the show taking pictures of the various groups with my 7D and then another couple hours editing the pictures down from about 500 to 180 or so in Lightroom. After that I put them up on my Facebook with a small watermark in the corner.

Now here is what I need advice for. I got a bunch of positive comments from the performers and friends but actually got a message from the mother of one the kids in the show asking about purchasing some pictures to show to relatives who hadn't been able to attend the show. I'm totally at a lost as to what I should do right now since I'm just a student and did this pretty much as a favor for a friend.

Any advice from the pros on what I should tell her? Should I tell her that I'm sorry but I don't have anything for sale because I'm just a student who did this as a favor?

Thanks everyone

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow