Feedback on K-5 low light tungsten focussing issue in real life / portrait photos ?

Started May 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP alexh3o New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Feedback on K-5 low light tungsten focussing issue in real life / portrait photos

@awaldram, thanks for your feedback

Last shot looks good, but i read from pentaxeros forums that it only happens in certain shades of tungsten, so maybe candle lighting, though close to tungsten temperature and color, is a bit different and not concerned by the issue.

It's good to see that in some similar photographic cases it seems to work very fine though.

@audiobomber

Thanks for examples, which, though handheld, are worrying and quite clear I think...

There still are lots of tungsten bulbs here in france, and big iso and low light focussing capabilities just happen to be missing with my k200d mostly in that special case :-/ It's hunting so much with the fa 50mm f/1.4, and i'd make good use of higher shutter speeds...

I'll wait for more feedback to get some stats out of it, and hope for some feedback with wb set manually on tungsten...

alexh3o's gear list:alexh3o's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow