Few questions on NeX 3, can some one talk me out of buying it :)

Started Apr 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Akira Dono New Member • Posts: 6
Few questions on NeX 3, can some one talk me out of buying it :)

Hi, I am a point-and-shoot user looking to buy the Nex-3 for every day use and portraits (love creating Bokeh). I am familiar with using manual modes (aperture, manual ISO, focal length) and need a camera rather urgently in the next 2 weeks, and nex-3 appears to fit the bill. However, I have some final questions before i drop the big bucks since it will make a big dent in my budget.

1. In light of recent rumors of nex c3, what do people think about the purposed better sensor in nex-c3, considering it equivalent to a55 ? Worth a wait ?

2. Is there any other SLR-like camera I should strongly consider, Panny G2 appears to be the most similar in specs and price, but the mediocre low light performance was a turn off for me

3. I was thinking of buying the 18-55 mm lens, any advantage of buying the 16mm pancake, apart from being more convenient to carry ? Specifically under what situations would it be useful. sorry if that is a beginner question.

4. How much image quality will I loose over good DSLRs like T2i , esp in low light situations

5. Any need to worry about loosing the 60fps video of nex-5 , dont care much about the resolution

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow