Hot/stuck Pixels New D5100

Started Apr 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zzrider New Member • Posts: 2
Hot/stuck Pixels New D5100

Hi- I just got a D5100 and noticed a couple pixels that are stuck/hot not sure exactly. Some are red but only noticeable at higher ISO/ a more dim scene. I found one at ISO 200 that was white, but green in another photo at ISO 1600.

What is to be expected as far as stuck/hot/dead pixels on a brand new DSLR? I've been reading it's fairly common, but not sure about a brand new camera.

I did compare with my D80 (took pics with lens cap on at different ISO settings) and the D80 is a lot worse than I originally thought. At ISO 640 the pixels are all over. At least 20-30 spots. The D5100 at ISO 640 had none, and even none at 1600 (with lens cap on) With lens cap off taking pictures I notice some, but few. Just not sure what I should consider normal...

I had a D3100 when it first came out, went through 2 because of this issue and ended up returning it. I have a tendency to let any visual imperfections get on my nerves, so I'm not sure if I'm setting the bar too high, or if Nikon is having major issues...

Not sure if this will help, but here are some photos, both from the D5100 and the D80. Never posted here so not sure if the titles will be on the photos.

Any feedback appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow