Rquired equipment to do this kind of product photography...

Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
David Crockett Contributing Member • Posts: 662

One of the things not mentioned is the use of fiber optic lighting or small, micro lights. I don't know what they are called, but I know they are very small pen-light looking lights, (wand lights?) connected to a power source, the power cords run through a moldable metal tube. These are used to achieve very small spots, down to the size of a dime or perhaps even smaller. I've seen them used to put a small spot on just the label of a beer bottle, on clothes to achieve multiple spots on a shirt laid out on a table. To put many small spots on small electronics. Looks like this photographer may be using this system on some of those shots. But I would say a lot of varied modifiers, snoots, grids, strips, mirrors, lots of post production, maybe even some 3D rendering, and as stated a ton of talent, time, and experience.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow