Canon EOS Rebel T3 image quality issue

Started Apr 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
AllOtherNamesTaken Veteran Member • Posts: 3,563
Re: Canon EOS Rebel T3 image quality issue

PaulRivers wrote:

And that is just a silly statement. "It must be better because it costs more and the camera companies say it's better" is not what dpreview is about - if it was, why even take shots and do reviews? We'll just assume that anything priced higher is better and be done with it.

I'm not sure how you got that from what I said, especially since you even quoted what I actually said directly above your response. You simply put words in my mouth and threw your own quotations around it. I did not list price as the main reason it's better. The sensor is much larger (which, coincidentally, is more expensive to produce), designed specifically for high ISO performance, and the laws of physics definitely come into play there too. It's better because it simply performs better, regardless of all other variables. Besides, typically, in the camera world, when some thing is ~$4,000/4X more expensive than something else, typically it is better, but that's not the point. Can you name me 2 current cameras where a several thousand dollar price difference between the two does not reflect a difference in performance in favor of the camera costing 4X the money? There are none I'm aware of, but if you know of some I am curious. The point is you put words in my mouth, then responded to your own comment that you made up. I am sorry if you misunderstood my original statement.

Yeah, it would definitely be better if dpreview had RAW shots at iso's other than just iso200.

Agreed, I don't know why it isn't in there considering the full review was done long ago.

dx0 may or may not be biased, but there is certainly some debate about how relevant their results are to the real world picture you end up with. They have had some...well, suspect results that don't seem to make sense of their own.

Real world or not, they provide a standardized, professional, means of comparison between sensors. A sensor that performs better than another by a large margin in the lab isn't likely to have a reversed outcome in real world scenarios. As for DXO being bias, I have never heard that from anyone except people who own cameras that didn't perform as well as they wanted them to (Not saying that is you, just a general comment).

I think we can all agree the T3 doesn't come close to D3s ISO performance, ALL other variables aside.

Mark

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow