how does live view work?
It depends on the camera. With SLR's, yes, the shutter opens. AF is now mostly done off the sensor (CDAF) in live mode. The Sony translucents are different as the mirror never moves and PDAF is always active.
In mirrorless cameras, there is only live view and CDAF.
Overheating of the sensor, especially the larger APS sensors is a problem. Cameras will shut down if the sensor starts to overheat, and it does.
The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4